Nearly two weeks past the launch of Death by Game Show, we’ve put our heads down and been hard at work on a gigantic patch for Death by Game Show. Check out the list below with the key items highlighted.
Since we did not do much outside beta testing, getting the game out into the wild was key for us. And the reviews of the game were a great benefit to us. Of course there were a couple of typical pissy reviews, yet that’s the world and journalism in 2016, right? “I’m so wonderful and this is my agenda-driven review.” LOL
So as mentioned, lots of great feedback from the real journalists and YouTubers – Thank you! We’ve taken a ton of it to heart.
The patch will launch late in the day on Thursday, February 4th, 2016.
|Death by Game Show Patch 1.01
· Addressed a tooltip issue on the studio’s left screen.
· Added first pass of backstory and context to game.
· Updated challenges 2 to 9-7 to make it less hectic, more experimental and explanatory.
· Removed several voice effects that didn’t connect with on-screen actions accurately.
· Reduced bonus scores given by completing Gold, Silver and Bronze milestones.
· Fixed the bug which stopped enemy buildings without power from highlighting red.
· Fixed a sprite issue in the Challenge Editor.
· A method to trigger tooltips with a controller has been implemented.
· Rank II Buildings unlock at challenge 11-2 instead 13-2.
· Rust in Peace building now strikes based on target, rather than target’s path.
· Spawned coins sink slower than previously.
· Disable high scores on custom challenges due to cheat detection issues.
· Remove high score entry from Challenge Editor.
· The buzzer charge and spins accumulated from collecting coins is persistent.
· The buzzer spins are capped at x99.
· Consumable droids and buildings with 81% HP or more can be packed away back into inventory.
· Buildings can be moved with 81% HP or more.
· Fixed a Z Depth issue on some building dialogue bubbles.
· Fixed an issue where information popups wouldn’t appear in Challenge Editor.
· The player’s score is no longer reset on death.
· If a player dies they return to a retry screen instead of back to the studio making it quicker back into the game.
· The droid iTCe no longer deals splash damage as there was a problem with it’s hit box.
· The droid iTCe now only hits backline buildings, aerial droids and kamikaze’s the player.
· The droid Mogey has been re-wrote to track aerial droids only. They no longer attack backline buildings. This is to balance the change to iTCe.
· The player has been given 200% more HP.
· The tooltip now shows in 0.5s.
· The studio spin bonus has been made more obvious.
· The tooltips have been re-written to include more direction.
· The help file has been re-wrote to include backstory and context.
· Re-wrote signs between challenges 1 and 13-9 to fit into context of game.
· Moved consumable items available much sooner in the game giving the player quicker access to items.
· Re-wrote partial droid, host and building text to fit the game’s context.
· Added more background art to the editor including satellites dishes and trash mounds.
· Ensure droid and building dialogue bubble share the same cooldown to avoid screen clutter.
· Added a store function within the studio. This enables the player to buy more of items they currently have 1 of.
· Added a dynamic UI for droid selection. This highlights what number spawns droids and will adapt to changed numeric key bindings.
· Updated challenges 1 through 40 to reflect changes.